On the edge of Ngorongoro Conservation Area lies Kitela Lodge, our preferred mid-range option in the Karatu / Mto wa Mbu area. The hotel has a swimming pool and a spa and offers magnificent views of the conservation area. If you want to recover from your safari and relax in style, this is the place for you!
All rooms have an elegant style and are equipped with their own private terrace or balcony.
Bathrooms are private for all rooms.
SAFARI: TARANGIRE AND NGORONGORO CRATER (2 days)
This 2 days 1 night starter package is a great option for anyone on a budget or a time limit. But don’t worry, you’ll get more than enough value for your money! Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area are both very different, and you’ll be treated with lots of safari highlights in just 2 days.
Please pick your desired comfort level below to see the matching itinerary.
We use exactly the same cars and guides for each type of safaris. You’ll visit exactly the same places and there is no difference in comfort or quality during your game drives. The choice you make below only impacts your accommodation.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t mind very basic comfort, this option is perfect for you! You’ll sleep on a camping mattress in small temporary tents and bathrooms are shared. Simple but delicious meals are prepared by your personal chef and served at camping tables and chairs.
Day 1: Moshi – Tarangire National Park
Your driver / guide will pick you up at your hotel in Moshi in the morning and drive to the entrance of Tarangire National Park, which takes about 3 to 4 hours. You’ll have lunch in the park and spend the rest of the day spotting elephants, giraffes, pelicans, zebras and lots of other animals. In the late afternoon you’ll drive to your accommodation for the night, where dinner will also be served.
Day 2: Ngorongoro crater – Moshi
The days starts early today, as we want you to see the sunrise. After breakfast you’ll head towards Ngorongoro crater for day 2 of your trip. You’ll enter the crater over the steep path that leads down. Get ready to take in the amount of different animals you’re about to see – only giraffes and a few other species are absent because of access to food and the crater itself. You’re basically guaranteed to see large numbers of gnus (wildebeest), zebras, buffaloes and gazelles and chances are you’ll be able to spot rhinos and leopards. So who knows, you might manage to tick off all the big 5 off your list in just 2 days! You’ll have lunch in the park and drive back to Moshi after that.
Accommodation: not included.
Meals: breakfast and lunch. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, breakfast is freshly prepared by your personal chef.
Pick-up at JRO airport or in Arusha is possible at no extra cost.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find prices for this package below. These prices are valid for adults, throughout the year and are based on 2 people sharing a tent. Discounted prices apply for children under 16, please let us know if you’re traveling with children in your booking request and we’ll send you the correct rates.
Prices according to group size:
- 1 person: 1110 USD / pers
- 2 people: 690 USD / pers.
- 3 people: 540 USD / pers.
- 4 people: 470 USD / pers.
- 5 people: 430 USD / pers.
- 6 people: 410 USD / pers.
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, there’s lots of other options! Please contact us for different accommodation options in any price range, different room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fees to the parks
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Moshi to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in our offers. Specific accommodation options are always subject to availability. If the suggested option is not available, we’ll suggest another option for your approval. A higher or lower price might apply in this case.
- In case of a camping safari: camping gear like tents, camping mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, camping chairs, etc.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day of your trip, breakfast and lunch on the second day
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for your guide and 15 USD per day for your cook, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Moshi. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Moshi before and after your safari. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.