SAFARI: LAKE NATRON (3 days)
Explore the unknown corners of Lake Natron during this 3-day safari that will take you to places that almost no other tourists ever visit.
Please pick your desired comfort level below to see the matching itinerary.
We use exactly the same cars and guides for each type of safaris. You’ll visit exactly the same places and there is no difference in comfort or quality during your game drives. The choice you make below only impacts your accommodation.
This is a general itinerary that can be followed during most of the year. However in certain months we’d suggest visiting different parts of the Serengeti in order to see more of the great migration. We include these suggestions in our personalized offers once you’ve informed us of your travel dates. They might have an impact on the prices mentioned below.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t mind very basic comfort, this option is perfect for you! You’ll sleep on a camping mattress in small temporary tents and bathrooms are shared. Simple but delicious meals are prepared by your personal chef and served at camping tables and chairs. We use exactly the same cars and guides than for other types of safaris and you’ll visit exactly the same places, so there is no difference in comfort or quality during your game drives.
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Natron
|Your guide will pick you up early in the morning in order to drive to the unknown lands of Lake Natron. You have a long road ahead of you, part of which will take you through the most breathtaking landscapes. Depending on the weather and the condition of the access roads, we’ll pick the best option. For each of them, you’ll first drive 3 to 4 hours on a tarmac road and will then continue over dirt roads while you approach the sacred mountain of the Maasai, Ol Doinyo Lengai, which determines the landscapes around Lake Natron. After your arrival, if you’re not scared of getting wet, you can do a pretty adventurous hike to the Engaresero waterfall. You’ll spend the night close to the lake and dinner will be served here.|
Meals: lunch and dinner included. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, dinner is freshly prepared at the accommodation.
Day 2: Full day on the east side of Lake Natron
|After breakfast, you’ll leave your accommodation on foot (or by car if you prefer), together with your safari guide and local Maasai guide, for a walk to one of the least visited areas around the lake. In this area, you can usually see a lot of zebras, some wildebeest and maybe even giraffes. You can get close to the shore of the lake to see the flamingos up close. Your safari car will follow you the entire time and after visiting the shore of the lake, you’ll get in the car to drive to a nearby natural pool. In this entire area, there’s no roads so this is a real adventure! Once you get to the pool, you can relax, ‘swim’ (the pool is shallow and the water is pretty warm), watch the Maasai walk by with their cattle or make a short walk to the shore of the lake. This is a 20 to 30-minute walk. After all this adventure, you’ll drive back to your accommodation, where dinner will be served.|
Meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner included. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, breakfast and dinner are freshly prepared at the accommodation.
Day 3: Lake Natron – Arusha with sunrise visit to the lake
|Today you’ll get up early to see the sunrise at the lake, not far from your accommodation. After this, you’ll have breakfast and start the drive back towards Arusha. If the weather permits, we’ll take another road than the one we used to drive to the lake to make sure you get to see even more beautiful landscapes.|
Accommodation: Not included
Meals: breakfast and lunch and dinner included. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, breakfast is freshly prepared at the accommodation.
Pick-up and/or drop-off at JRO airport or in Moshi are also possible.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find prices for this package below. These prices are valid for adults, in high season and are based on the cheapest combination of single, double and triple tents/rooms for your group size. Holiday supplements might apply as well as discounts for low season. Discounted prices apply for children under 16, please let us know if you’re traveling with children in your booking request and we’ll send you the correct rates.
Please contact us for the price of this package.
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, there’s lots of other options! Please contact us for different accommodation options in any price range, different room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fees to the parks (Lake Natron)
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Arusha to the lake and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide. Local Maasai guide attributed by the local activity office during your activities at Lake Natron.
- Accommodation as mentioned above. Specific accommodation options are always subject to availability. If the suggested option is not available, we’ll suggest another option for your approval. A higher or lower price might apply in this case.
- Camping gear like tents, camping mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, camping chairs, etc.
- Meals as described above
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for each guide, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Arusha. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Arusha before and after your safari. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.