SAFARI: LAKE MANYARA AND TARANGIRE (2 days)
Our cheapest multi-day safari package is ideal for lovers of elephants with limited time or a limited budget. Similar in some aspects, different in others, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Park are a wonderful introduction to Tanzanian wildlife.
Please pick your desired comfort level below to see the matching itinerary.
We use exactly the same cars and guides for each type of safaris. You’ll visit exactly the same places and there is no difference in comfort or quality during your game drives. The choice you make below only impacts your accommodation.
Camping with a touch of glamour. Decent comfort without breaking the bank. You’ll sleep in permanent tents or rooms. These aren’t huge but they have real beds with proper bed linen. Meals are prepared in the restaurant of your accommodation and served at comfortable tables.
Day 1: Moshi – Lake Manyara National Park
You will be picked up at your accommodation in Moshi in the morning and drive to Lake Manyara National Park, which takes about 3 to 4 hours. Once you’ve arrived we’ll provide a picnic lunch, after which you will spend the rest of the day game driving through the park. There’s lots of animals to be spotted, like elephants, giraffes, pelicans and zebras, but the absolute highlight of Lake Manyara are the tree climbing lions. Before sunset you will drive to your accommodation for the night, where dinner will be provided.
Day 2: Tarangire National Park – Moshi
After an early breakfast you’ll head towards Tarangire National Park for day 2 of your trip. The park is home to one of the largest elephant populations in Tanzania, and they are a delight to look at. And of course there’s many more species as well. After lunch you’ll drive back to Moshi with nothing but good memories!
Accommodation: not included.
Meals: breakfast and lunch. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, breakfast is freshly prepared at the accommodation.
Pick-up at JRO airport or in Arusha is possible at no extra cost.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find prices for this package below. These prices are valid for adults and based on the cheapest combination of single, double and triple tents or rooms for your group size. Prices are valid throughout the year but Holiday supplements might apply. Discounted prices apply for children under 16, please let us know if you’re traveling with children in your booking request and we’ll send you the correct rates.
Prices according to group size:
- 1 person: 920 USD / pers.
- 2 people: 570 USD / pers.
- 3 people: 490 USD / pers.
- 4 people: 410 USD / pers.
- 5 people: 380 USD / pers.
- 6 people: 360 USD / pers.
This specific accommodation offers shared bathrooms. They’re spacious and clean and easily accessible. Other glamping accommodations with private bathrooms are available at a slightly higher price, please let us know if you wish to book one of these during your booking request.
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, there’s lots of other options! Please contact us for different accommodation options in any price range, different room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fees to the parks
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Moshi to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned. Specific accommodation options are always subject to availability. If the suggested option is not available, we’ll suggest another option for your approval. A higher or lower price might apply in this case.
- Meals as described
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for your guide, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Moshi. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Moshi before and after your safari. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.
ADD SOMETHING EXTRA TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE SPECIAL
Both Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks offer the possibility of doing a walking safari rather than a jeep safari, or to organize your visit as a combination of both. In Lake Manyara National Park, we also recommend the Treetop Walk that takes you over bridges that are suspended between the trees, to get a completely different view and experience. Please let us know if you want to add any of these activities to your itinerary while sending us your booking request.
Interested in this package? You can save it for later on your social media or send it to your travel companions directly.