SAFARI: LAKE MANYARA AND TARANGIRE (2 days)
Our cheapest multi-day safari package is ideal for lovers of elephants with limited time or a limited budget. Similar in some aspects, different in others, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Park are a wonderful introduction to Tanzanian wildlife.
Day 1: Moshi – Lake Manyara National Park
You will be picked up at your accommodation in Moshi in the morning and drive to Lake Manyara National Park, which takes about 3 to 4 hours. Once you’ve arrived we’ll provide a picnic lunch, after which you will spend the rest of the day game driving through the park. There’s lots of animals to be spotted, like elephants, giraffes, pelicans and zebras, but the absolute highlight of Lake Manyara are the tree climbing lions. Before sunset you will drive to your accommodation for the night, where dinner will be provided.
Day 2: Tarangire National Park – Moshi
After an early breakfast you’ll head towards Tarangire National Park for day 2 of your trip. The park is home to one of the largest elephant populations in Tanzania, and they are a delight to look at. And of course there’s many more species as well. After lunch you’ll drive back to Moshi with nothing but good memories!
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find our sample packages below. These options include accommodation outside of the parks, but staying inside one of the parks is also possible. Let us know if this is what you want and we will send you the right price.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t mind basic comfort, this option is perfect for you!
Prices according to group size:
- 1 person: 700 USD per person
- 2 people: 470 USD per person
- 3 people: 390 USD per person
- 4 people: 350 USD per person
- 5 people: 330 USD per person
- 6 people: 320 USD per person
- 7 people: 300 USD per person
Standard lodges & tents
For anyone who wants a medium comfort level but doesn’t want to break the bank too much.
Mid-range lodges & tents
This accommodation option offers a good level of comfort and often a few nice extra’s.
Luxury lodges & tents
Do you want a superior level of comfort and service? Then this option’s for you.
For the budget camping and standard lodges/tents accommodation option, we can try to join you with other guests to form a group. Let us know you want a group tour whilst booking and we will contact you with possible dates, prices and options as soon as possible. Or check out our current open groups to see if there’s an option that suits you.
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Please contact us for different accommodation options, room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fees to the parks
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Moshi to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in our offers.
- In case of a camping safari: camping gear like tents, camping mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, camping chairs, etc.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day of your trip, breakfast and lunch on the second day
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for your guide, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Moshi. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Moshi. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.
TIPS AND PRACTICAL INFORMATION
SAFARI PACKING LIST
HOW TO FIND A BUDGET SAFARI
OUR OTHER SAFARI PACKAGES
BIT OF ADVENTURE (1 day)
TOUCH OF NATURE (2 days)
This starter package is a great option for anyone on a budget or a time limit. But don’t worry, you’ll get more than enough value for your money! You will visit Lake Manyara or Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area, which are very different, and you’ll see countless highlights in just 2 days. Let’s go!
HINT OF WILDERNESS (3d)
Three national parks in as many days, this tour never disappoints. The parks are jaw-dropping, and the variety of animals is huge. Tree sitting lions at Lake Manyara, hundreds of elephants at Tarangire, and the diversity of Ngorongoro with the chance to spot some rare species like the black Rhino. Let’s go!
Interested in this package? You can save it for later on your social media or send it to your travel companions directly.