SAFARI: LAKE MANYARA, TARANGIRE AND NGORONGORO CRATER (3 days)
Offering three national parks in as many days, this tour never disappoints. The parks are breathtaking, and the variety of animals is huge. From tree sitting lions at Lake Manyara, over hundreds of elephants at Tarangire, to the diversity of Ngorongoro with the chance to spot some of the rarest species like the black Rhino. Let’s go!
Day 1: Moshi – Tarangire National Park
We’ll pick you up at your accommodation in Moshi and drive about 3 to 4 hours to Tarangire National Park. You’ll have lunch in the park and spend the rest of the day game driving. Tarangire is most famous for its huge amounts of elephants, but there’s plenty of other animals to see as well! In the late afternoon you’ll head to your accommodation, either in the park or outside of it depending on the type you picked. Dinner will be served at the accommodation.
Day 2: Ngorongoro crater
Today we’ll wake you up in time to see the sunrise. After driving from your accommodation to the entrance of the crater, you’ll drive down the steep path leading to the bottom. The amount of animals you should be able to see today is huge – gnus (wildebeest), zebras, buffaloes and gazelles are on the list for sure, and chances are you’ll spot rhinos and leopards, too. You’ll spend the whole day in the park doing a long game drive, and will be taken to your accommodation in the late afternoon for dinner and a good night sleep.
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park – Moshi
You’ll have to get up early again for your final game drive. After breakfast we take you to Lake Manyara National Park, which is famous for its tree sitting lions. But that’s not all! Zebras, elephants, giraffes, and over 400 species of birds are amongst the other inhabitants of the park. You’ll have lunch in the park and head back to Moshi afterwards, where you’ll arive in the late afternoon / early evening.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find our most popular accommodation options below.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t mind basic comfort, this option is perfect for you!
- 1 person: 1510 USD per person
- 2 people: 920 USD per person
- 3 people: 740 USD per person
- 4 people: 640 USD per person
- 5 people: 620 USD per person
- 6 people: 600 USD per person
- 7 people: 570 USD per person
Standard lodges & tents
For anyone who wants a medium comfort level but doesn’t want to break the bank too much.
- 1 person: 1880 USD per person
- 2 people: 1220 USD per person
- 3 people: 1060 USD per person
- 4 people: 930 USD per person
- 5 people: 900 USD per person
- 6 people: 850 USD per person
- 7 people: 840 USD per person
- 2 night in Isoitok (rustic tent) or similar
Mid-range lodges & tents
This accommodation option offers a good level of comfort and often a few nice extra’s.
Luxury lodges & tents
Do you want a superior level of comfort and service? Then this option’s for you.
For the budget camping and standard lodges/tents accommodation option, we can try to join you with other guests to form a group. Let us know you want a group tour whilst booking and we will contact you with possible dates, prices and options as soon as possible. Or check out our current open groups to see if there’s an option that suits you.
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Please contact us for different accommodation options, room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
- Entrance fees to the parks
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Moshi to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation of your choice: from budget camping to staying in luxurious lodges, we can arrange it for you (the prices mentioned above are for basic camping, other prices are applicable for the other accommodation options)
- In case of a camping safari: camping gear like tents, camping mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, camping chairs, etc.
- Lunch and dinner on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on day 2 and breakfast and lunch on day 3 of your trip
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for your guide, and 15 USD per day for your cook, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Moshi. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Moshi. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.
SAFARI PACKING LIST
SAFARI PACKING LIST
OUR OTHER SAFARI PACKAGES
ELEPHANTASTIC (2 days)
Our cheapest multi-day safari package is ideal for lovers of elephants with limited time or a limited budget. Similar in some aspects, but different in many others, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Park are a wonderful introduction to Tanzanian wildlife. Keep reading for more details!
TOUCH OF NATURE (2 days)
FINDING THE BIG FIVE (4/5 days)
To anyone who’s hoping to see all the big five, we recommend this package as a minimum. You’ll see elephants at Lake Manyara or Tarangire, lions and maybe leopards in the Serengeti, buffaloes more or less everywhere, and if you’re lucky you might spot a rhinoceros in Ngorongoro crater.