On the edge of Ngorongoro Conservation Area lies Kitela Lodge, our preferred mid-range option in the Karatu / Mto wa Mbu area. The hotel has a swimming pool and a spa and offers magnificent views of the conservation area. If you want to recover from your safari and relax in style, this is the place for you!
All rooms have an elegant style and are equipped with their own private terrace or balcony.
Bathrooms are private for all rooms.
SAFARI: LAKE MANYARA, TARANGIRE AND NGORONGORO CRATER (3 days)
Offering three national parks in as many days, this tour never disappoints. The parks are breathtaking, and the variety of animals is huge. From tree sitting lions at Lake Manyara, over hundreds of elephants at Tarangire, to the diversity of Ngorongoro with the chance to spot some of the rarest species like the black Rhino. Let’s go!
Please pick your desired comfort level below to see the matching itinerary.
We use exactly the same cars and guides for each type of safaris. You’ll visit exactly the same places and there is no difference in comfort or quality during your game drives. The choice you make below only impacts your accommodation.
For anyone who wants a good level of comfort and hygiene. You’ll sleep in spacious permanent tents or rooms, in real beds with proper bed linen. Bathrooms are private. Meals are prepared in the restaurant of your accommodation and served at comfortable tables.
Day 1: Moshi – Tarangire National Park
We’ll pick you up at your accommodation in Moshi and drive about 3 to 4 hours to Tarangire National Park. You’ll have lunch in the park and spend the rest of the day game driving. Tarangire is most famous for its huge amounts of elephants, but there’s plenty of other animals to see as well! In the late afternoon you’ll head to your accommodation, either in the park or outside of it depending on the type you picked. Dinner will be served at the accommodation.
Day 2: Ngorongoro crater
After driving from your accommodation to the entrance of the crater, you’ll drive down the steep path leading to the bottom. The amount of animals you should be able to see today is huge – gnus (wildebeest), zebras, buffaloes and gazelles are on the list for sure, and chances are you’ll spot rhinos and leopards, too. You’ll spend the whole day in the park doing a long game drive, and will be taken to your accommodation in the late afternoon for dinner and a good night sleep.
Day 3: Lake Manyara National Park – Moshi
You’ll have to get up early again for your final game drive. After breakfast we take you to Lake Manyara National Park, which is famous for its tree sitting lions. But that’s not all! Zebras, elephants, giraffes, and over 400 species of birds are amongst the other inhabitants of the park. You’ll have lunch in the park and head back to Moshi afterwards, where you’ll arive in the late afternoon / early evening.
Accommodation: not included.
Meals: breakfast and lunch. Lunch will be served in a lunchbox, breakfast is freshly prepared by your personal chef.
Pick-up at JRO airport or in Arusha is possible at no extra cost.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Please find prices for this package below. These prices are valid for adults and based on the cheapest combination of single, double and triple tents or rooms for your group size. Prices are valid for high season. Discounts for low season and Holiday supplements might apply. Discounted prices apply for children under 16, please let us know if you’re traveling with children in your booking request and we’ll send you the correct rates.
Prices according to group size:
- 1 person: 2150 USD / pers
- 2 people: 1320 USD / pers
- 3 people: 1050 USD / pers
- 4 people: 990 USD / pers
- 5 people: 890 USD / pers
- 6 people: 830 USD / pers
- 7 people: 820 USD / pers
Didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, there’s lots of other options! Please contact us for different accommodation options in any price range, different room types and group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add extra options to your safari.
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fees to the parks
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle from your hotel in Moshi to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Game drives in the parks
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned. Specific accommodation options are always subject to availability. If the suggested option is not available, we’ll suggest another option for your approval. A higher or lower price might apply in this case.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day of your trip, breakfast and lunch on the second day
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 25 USD per day for your guide, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Moshi. We can however arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Moshi before and after your safari. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included.