KIKULETWA HOT SPRINGS DAY TRIP, TANZANIA
A little oasis just a short drive off the main road between Moshi and Arusha, the Kikuletwa hotsprings are the perfect place to relax and one of the best things to do in Arusha and Moshi area. And as it’s not only the destination that counts, the journey up to the hot springs is one to remember as well. Several roads lead here and we’ll pick the best one according to the time of the year. You’ll drive through sunflower fields in May and June and through a sea of red flowers and sugar cane at the end of the year, at TPC sugar plantation, Moshi. And on clear days, you’re in for some beautiful views of Mount Kilimanjaro, no matter what month it is.
A drive through the sugar cane fields is one of the top things to do in Moshi Tanzania. We take you there on our way to or from the hotsprings.
KIKULETWA HOT SPRINGS ITINERARY
We’ll pick you up from your accommodation in Moshi around 10 in the morning and drive for about 1,5 hours before we reach the Kikuletwa hot spring, also called Maji Moto hot springs or Chemka hot springs. We’ll drive you back around 4 in the afternoon, and everything you do in between is completely up to you.
Take a dip in the refreshing water (Surpriiiise! The water’s not hot as you might have expected, as it comes directly from Kilimanjaro), walk around the surrounding area, watch local boys jump from a rope into the water, showing some seriously impressive moves, or eat some chips mayai or chips kuku (an omelet with chips inside or chicken and chips) as you enjoy the shadow of the beautiful palm and fig trees.
The drive from and back to Moshi is beautiful in itself, as we already mentioned above. Part of it leads over a paved road, but the rest of the time you’ll be driving over dirt roads through the country side. Dry riverbeds, baobab and acacia trees, tiny villages, Maasai with their cattle, and old broken railways determine the scenery.
Duration: 7-8 hours
Driving time: 3-4 hours, return
Don’t forget: bathing suit, towel
PRICES FROM 45 USD PER PERSON
ADD SOME EXTRAS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE SPECIAL
- Get even more relaxed with a massage. Different packages are available.
- You have something to celebrate? We can organize different lunch and dinner options for you and your friends. A barbecue, a romantic candle-light dinner, a special drinks night… it’s all possible.
- Camping. Most other tourists leave in the late afternoon, so you’ll get the place (almost) all to yourself. Enjoy the silence, light a campfire, and make the fun last a little bit longer. We’ll drive you back to Moshi the next morning.
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
Prices for the standard tour (without options) depend on the size of your group and are as follows:
- 1 person: 90 USD per person
- 2 people: 65 USD per person
- 3 people: 55 USD per person
- 4-7 people: 45 USD per person
Please contact us for different group sizes or groups including children, as well as if you wish to add some of the extras that are mentioned above.
- Private transport from your accommodation in Moshi to the Hot Springs and back, English speaking driver
- Entrance fee to the Hot Springs
- Picnic lunch at the Hot Springs
- Bottled water
In Tanzania, a tip is expected after your participation in a tourist activity. This tip is not included in your package. The recommended amount for a driver is around 15 USD per day if you’re satisfied, to be divided by all your group members. As we pay a lot of attention to creating good working conditions for all our crew members and making sure they get paid according to guidelines from organizations that defend their rights, we kindly request you to respect this amount for any trip. Thank you!
So, not sure what to do in Moshi in the next couple of days? Send us a message and we’ll make sure you have an amazing time!