On the edge of Ngorongoro Conservation Area lies Kitela Lodge, our preferred mid-range option in the Karatu / Mto wa Mbu area. The hotel has a swimming pool and a spa and offers magnificent views of the conservation area. If you want to recover from your safari and relax in style, this is the place for you!
All rooms have an elegant style and are equipped with their own private terrace or balcony.
Bathrooms are private for all rooms.
FLYING HIGH ABOVE THE SERENGETI – 1-DAY EXTENSION
Can you imagine viewing the majestic Serengeti from a completely different angle, where no road has to be followed and total freedom is the main feeling of your day? What if we told you we can make it happen? Join us now on a hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti, combined with a delicious bush breakfast after your landing. An unforgettable adventure!
This package can be booked as an extension to every private safari including Serengeti National Park. It includes a full extra day and night inside the park.
You will leave your accommodation inside Serengeti National Park early in the morning in order to take off shortly before sunrise. A light breakfast can be served beforehand if you wish, and coffee, tea and juice are also served at the take-off site for the hot air balloon.
The captain will give you all the information you need to be prepared for your flight, with details about take-off and landing, what to expect during your flight, and all the necessary safety information. In the mean time, preparations to get the balloon up in the air are being taken in the background.
You will fly over the Serengeti for about an hour, depending on the speed of the wind. You’ll fly away from any road in sight, until it’s only you and the animals. The moment when you realize how endless the ‘endless plains’ of the Serengeti ACTUALLY are is indescribable… and we’re sure you’ll remember it forever.
After landing, champagne and juice are served, and a little bit later we will take you to the breakfast site. A large and varied fresh breakfast will be served right in the middle of the bush, and you can take all the time you need to enjoy it.
You will spend the rest of the day game driving, relaxing at your lodge, or doing a bit of both, exactly as you wish.
WHAT IF YOU’RE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS?
OUR OFFER – PRICES AND SERVICES
The price for this package strongly depends on the type of accommodation you have chosen and the number of people in your group. Below you will find an estimation of the minimum cost, based on a group of 6 people. Please contact us for the exact price.
- Camping safari: from 850 USD per person
- Standard lodge safari: from 950 USD per person
- Mid-range lodge safari: from 1050 USD per person
- Luxury lodge safari: from 1150 USD per person
The following services are included in our package:
- Entrance fee for Serengeti National Park for 1 day
- Transport in a safari vehicle inside the Serengeti, game-drive and transport related to the hot air balloon ride
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- 1 night accommodation of your choice: from budget camping to staying in luxurious lodges, we can arrange it for you
- In case of a camping safari: camping gear like tents, sleeping mats, etc.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
This package however does not include:
- Tips for the crew
- Travel insurance
- Transport to and from Serengeti National Park. This package can only be booked as an extension to another (private) safari that provides transport to Serengeti National Park.
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Any other accommodation than the one mentioned above
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- … and all other services that are not mentioned as included in this package.